Sunday, November 18, 2007

ASSumptions

On Tuesday evening the 4 Agreement Wisdom Group will discuss the thought:
"All of the drama humans suffer is the result of believing in lies, mainly about ourselves.
The first lie we believe is "I am not the way I should be; I am not perfect." It's just a story, but we believe it, and we stop being ourselves and start searching for an image of perfection."
~ don Miguel Ruiz from The Voice of Knowledge

On Wednesday afternoon at 3:30, the support group will ponder the Agreement. "Don't make assumptions."

"Assume nothing. In any kind of relationship, we can make the assumption that others know what we think and we don't have to say what we want.
We assume they are going to do what we want because they know us so well. If they don't do what we want, we feel hurt and think, how could you do that? You should know."
~ don Miguel Riuz from The Four Agreements

peace and love

2 comments:

tweetey30 said...

OH so true. Both of them. I have caught myself doin the top a few times more often than I should have. I am not perfect but sometimes I just get wrapped up into myself and start thinking I wish there was a way to make myself less unperfect and then I change and people see that in me. Its hurtful to others around me sometimes. You know at first when Jeff and I first started out I did that to him and once in a while after almost 12 years I still do that to him. I dont tell him what I am thinking and what I want and expect him to read my mind. Its a bad habit and I would love to get out of it.

thehealingroom said...

Perfect!
I am practising changeing my perspective that I am and Everything is perfect just the way it is.
Then from this viewpoint,,,,,I choose to act.
Not out of fear.