Friday, March 09, 2007

Thoughts and Suggestions

This week, we will gather on Tuesday evening and contemplate the end of the "Circle of Fire" prayer (that Don Miguel Ruiz wrote as a tool to access the dream of heaven on earth.)

"We will respect all creation
As the symbol of our love communion with the one who created us
to the eternal happiness of humanity."

The next Wisdom Group will be held on Thursday afternoon of the following week. the moderator chose the topic:

"Imagine living your life without being afraid to take a risk and explore life.
Imagine what your life would be like if you were not afraid to lose anything."

She chose a poem to introduce the subject:

"I would not want all my words to parade around this world in pretty constumes, so I will tell you something of the barroom view of love,

Love is grabbing hold of the Great Lion's mane, and wrestling and rolling deep into existence while the Beloved gets rough and begins to maul you alive.

True love, my dear, is putting an iron clad grip upon the sore,
swollen balls of a Divine Rogue Elephant and not having the good fortune to die!"

-Hafiz (1320-1389)


11 comments:

dr. psy said...

Amen to that!

tweetey30 said...

I have to say these quotes couldnt have come at a better time. I just lost my great aunt on Thursday and they make so much sense in life when a person is upset and not thinking about anything in particular. Thanks for posting these. I enjoy them. Tweets.

thehealingroom said...

dr. psy.
Tweetey,

I LOVE Hafiz poetry.
I have a great Cd called "Scent of Light" set to music.
Guarantees to put me in a good mood.

Tamarai said...

"Imagine what your life would be like if you were not afraid to lose anything."

The possibilities for freedom would be endless. This resonates with the way I feel right now. Wow. OK... I will imagine this for the next week and I will begin to live this freedom.

thehealingroom said...

I love your enthusiasm, Tanya.
It looks like you got a good start with your new mittens and beanie....no fear there! haha.

dr. psy.
I can't access your blog anymore...what's up?

Candy Minx said...

I found myself asking a question in response to

"We will respect all creationn..."

How do we respect creation? Is it possible to respect all creation and still live our lives in our society which almost everything we do harms creation?

Okay, that was two questions...

thehealingroom said...

Candy,
My take on your question(s),
is that first of all, a prayer implies that one is reaching/asking/declaring for something better than what already is. By intending it, and then each individual takes action and moves towards this, then change will happen.
We can only start where we are. If we start respecting creation in the middle of disrespecting it, so much the better.
In a nutshell,
1. Start with ourselves and take tiny but sincere steps
2. Yes

Anonymous said...

Hi. Ummm, not sure about that one really. Difficult to explain, but I'll be around. Thank you once again for the wonderful website. I always enjoy reading your posts. Blessings.

thehealingroom said...

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the encouraging comments!
Blessings to you too.

Tamarai said...

Indeed! I like my new hat and mittens. If no one else does, that's not my problem! Yeeeehah!

thehealingroom said...

Tanya,
I was laughing with joy....I love your new hat and mittens. :>D