Sunday, March 02, 2008

Miracles and Forgiveness

On Tuesday evening we will be looking at the quote:
"Be aware of unconscious assumptions.
Assumptions are made so fast and unconsciously most of the time because we have agreements to communicate this way. We have agreed that it is not safe to ask questions. We have agreed that if people love us, they should know what we want or how we feel."
~Don Miguel Ruiz from The Four Agreements

On Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 we will consider the subject:
"Miracles happen when you forgive.
You are born with the capacity to forgive, but you learn the opposite behavior.
You learn not to forgive, you practice not to forgive, and you master not to forgive. When learn to let go of your pride and ask for forgiveness, miracles start to happen in your life."
~Don Miguel Ruiz from The Mastery of Love

peace and love

6 comments:

tweetey30 said...

I really need to get this book. I won a gift card for the reading challenge I had on my blog from another friend and I just might pick this book up with it.

thehealingroom said...

Wow, blog world is so cool!
We are demonstrating how the interconnected web works. Especially in this loving way.

Candy Minx said...

This quote actually made me laugh...because it is so true of love when we don't understand what real love is and we only practice naive or unexamined sense of love...

that we might assume that people who love us can read our minds and know what we want is hilarious...if it wasn't also sad.

I guess this is leftover from infantile times...the baby depends on caregivers to give it needs met...

Yet when we grow up and as teens we need to learn that we are able to meet our own needs...not find them in others.

tweetey30 said...

Hi there. Couldnt wait for the gift certificate tonight when we went to B & N. So I picked it up plus this book here. Called The Fire From Within by Carlos Castaneda. Will keep you posted on that one also.

thehealingroom said...

Candy,
I like how its subtly pointed out that it is my responsibility for what I believe in and to notice that I have practiced these beliefs over and over again.
I have practiced believing my mate should know what I want and I have practiced a habit of not forgiving myself or others.
Now that I am aware that that is what I am doing I can start to change that habit.

thehealingroom said...

Tweetey.
Ah, the Casteneda books!
That is what started me on the whole Toltec journey!
love it.