Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sufjan Stevens

I am very excited that Sufjan Stevens is touring.

However. His stop in Vancouver, October 14th is already sold out!!!!

It seems no where else is it sold out. Is it only us Westcoast canadians who love Sufjan?

What about you folks back east? I mean, the name of his albums are Illinoise and Michigan!!

One of my favourite song of his, is "Chicago". Come on, you guys.
Anyway, if anyone can get me tickets to the sold out show in Vancouver, they will have my undying gratitude.

9 comments:

Red said...

I don't have tickets, I'm afraid, but I just wanted to say that I had a quick listen of Michigan the other day and wondered why I hadn't listened to it before. The opening track, in particular, really cracked me up.

Hope somebody comes to your rescue with some tickets for the Vancouver show!

thehealingroom said...

Thanks Red,
I think he is awesome and fun.

Ruth said...

I don't know about him! Now I'll have to check him out.

Anonymous said...

Funny how we often don't know the artists who are camped out in our backyard. Thanks for letting us in on the secret.

Candy Minx said...

Let me think if there is some way of getting a ticket...first try to find out his record company...his manager, phone the musician or his assistant more likely...through record company...and see if you can do an interview with him for your blog...then see about getting tickets...


I don't know there has to be a way. Of course there are scalpers galore...just expensive right? Did you google the concert online and for tickets etc?

Candy Minx said...

http://www.showtimetickets.com/concerts/country-folk/sufjan-stevens.jsp

thehealingroom said...

Wow!
Thanks Candy. Some great ideas. I phoned the college independent station, CGLY, in Nanaimo to see if they were going to be having a contest or something. Then I phoned Josiah in Van and he has LOTS of contacts.
I can feel it.

thehealingroom said...

OK!
I just wrote Sufjan a letter!

Candy Minx said...

That's what I'm talking about!