Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Art Gallery

I just committed to being on a tour for Christmas time. The tour is put on every year by the local Artisans Association. This year it will be the 3rd weekend in November.
I wasn't sure I was going to do it, considering the pricey fee to join but then my drumming teacher said he would go in on it with me to show his incredible hand crafted wood bowls.
I will be sure to take some photos of those for the blog. They are spectacular. We thought we would also have a drumming demonstration as he also makes and sells drums. Now I am looking forward to it!

11 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

I love Christmas artsy/craftsy shows. I wish they happened at times other than Christmas. They used to have a huge one in Nelson when I was a kid; now that I'm back in the area, I hope it's still on so I can go. There is amazing local pottery around here. As for drumming, this is something I haven't tried yet. I'm a little intimidated by it.

thehealingroom said...

Hi W.Coyote,
I never did any musical thing besides the didjeridu in my life. I find drumming very satisfying because in a drumming circle if(when) one screws up, it is not noticed and you can go along with the group.

Anonymous said...

It's always better to try something new with a friend.

Tamarai said...

LOVE the buddhas you have there. Beautiful.

Ruth said...

Best wishes on your Christmas tour!

Candy Minx said...

Wow, what displays...lots of great things there. Looks so pretty!

I agree with Heather, better to share the adventure with someone else.

thehealingroom said...

Hi folks,
Thanks for all the nice sentiments.

Bridget Jones said...

p.s. Hey I was in that store too!!!

thehealingroom said...

No Way!
Did I meet you?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your Online Gallery is fabulous. So many interesting things that inspire the spirit. Absolutely wonderful!
Looking forward to more posts.
Love and Light,
Leah

thehealingroom said...

Shucks.