Friday, June 23, 2006

Deck progress





We are over half way to a completed deck. First, we had Ken, the carpenter/architect, with his assistant, Charlo. The we had the "decking" laid by a vinyl deck company. I got to pick the color! I was excited ay the possibilities until I saw my choices. I was disappointed to see a very limited selection. I chose "Adobe".
Next, we are waiting for the railing company. I get to choose the color for the railing as well. I think I will tie in the color of the roof.
This project has taken over a year. Throughout the winter, we were dismantling the old deck. I heat the house with a wood stove, so when I needed wood, Jim would go out on to the rotting deck and saw off a bit. It was very satisfying re-useing, re-cycling in this way, yet hilarious at the same time.

No comments: