Monday, June 12, 2006

Toltec point of view



In the Post below I wrote out the 4 Agreements, from the book, The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.
From the 1970's, when I started reading Carlos Casteneda, I have been a fan of the Toltec perspective. The 4 agreements came out in the late 1990's and I was thrilled to re-visit my Casteneda memories from a different perspective.
March 2004 I went to Teotihuacan (as seen in the movie, "Frida") to spend time with Don miguel, his son Michael and a host of Toltec Teachers.
Thats me on the top of the Pyramid of the Sun, a hat and scarf being my sunscreen. I really have an aversion to slathering on creams with chemicals in them. I had my head down in contemplation. It was a great moment. I loved every minute of my trip.

4 comments:

Candy Minx said...

Well, thats pretty interesting. Are you able to eleaborate on how the meetings with Ruiz affected you and what the Toltec teachers taught you, or the kind of time you spent together? And the food!

thehealingroom said...

Hmmm.very insightful questions.

The overall affect I came away with was an absolute feeling of falling in love with myself.

My favorite food was the homemade hot chocolate, Mexican chocolate of course!

And I tried the cactus and really enjoyed that.

Something I discovered about myself is that I really enjoy cool weather. I like Canadian weather. I found the desert sun a novelty but I didn't want to spend much time in it.
We hiked to the pyramids every day and were exposed to the intense white light of the sun for hours. It added to the other worldly ness of the journey.

Ruth said...

I find it interesting that you mentioned "falling in love with yourself." That is one point Ruiz makes that is powerful to me, that is that the sun has a ray for each of us, loves us. How valuable we are! We ARE the sun, the world, etc. I'm glad you found me and introduced yourself!

thehealingroom said...

You are absolutely Welcome.
Thankyou for reciprocating. I also met Heather through you as well.

Blogging is so much Fun!

I think the internet is the precursor to telepathy.