Saturday, June 24, 2006

The view from here

Here is the view from the deck. Also from the kitchen window.
Taken from a slightly different angle to see the willow tree down
by the pond. One can see the pond in the winter when there are not so many leaves.

After reading Eckhart Tolle's "Power of Now", I lived in an altered state for awhile.
I can still access that state by being firmly rooted in the present moment. So that The view from Here becomes interesting and enough. Seeking ends.
This is especially helpful when a relationship is changing, or when I am waiting to hear from the bank. (like now)
I'm useing this oppoprtunity to dive into this moment, to be fully present with my life in each second, otherwise I could go into a tailspin of anxiety and grief. I am not against feeling my feelings, I do, but I don't like it when thats all I can see/feel/do. Often what is really happening in this moment is really gentle and beautiful, nothing to do with my thoughts.

5 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Hi,

Just stopping by to return the favour of saying HI. I am unable to do lots of blog visiting right now because I'm in hospital, but I wanted to stop by anyways. Thanks for your visit.

Wherabouts on the west coast are you?

thehealingroom said...

Hey,
nice to see you here WC. Do you get a limited time on the computer there?

I live just south of Nanaimo.

Ruth said...

Tolle has definitely integrated the connection to this present moment. Have you ever listened to him on CD? His voice has a power that I can't describe, takes me to a place of peace. Also, have you read Ruiz' Beyond Fear? It is as foundational for me as Power of Now. Thanks again for stopping by my blog.

thehealingroom said...

Hi Ruth,

Lovely to see you here. Thankyou.
Yes, I have Eckhart on CD. Sometimes I listen in the car, in the bath or when I'm in bed. He does have a very soothing voice.
I host a Silent Group once a week in my home. We do silent meditation then we watch an Eckhart DVD, then silent meditation to close it. He's hilarious on dvd, he has the funniest expressions.
I've seen participants literally stomping their feet in laughter.
But then the are those that just don't get it...they are bored to tears(their words) and don't return.

thehealingroom said...

Oh and Ruth,
I read Beyond Fear after I went to Teotihaucan. Please scroll down to see my entry about my trip.
I was gald I hadn't read the book yet and I went to the pryamids without preconceived ideas. (At least not preconcieved from the book, I am sure that I had my own made up ones.)
; )