Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My Heart

This weekend I arranged a retreat with a Toltec teacher from Vancouver. We spent Friday morning at my place. In my pasture where I placed the stones I envisioned a labyrinth.We started at the standing stone, and then everyone tuned in to themselves, and walked a labyrinth that was just for them. Ingenius! I didn't have to gather a thousands stones or plant a thousand plants that my horse would step all over anyway.
Then everyone had the option of going into the neighbouring forest to spend time with the trees.
Throughout our time here, we paused to sit and journal. Later we met at the stone altar in the middle and did some singing. The weather was gorgeous, and we all had a fabulous time. The remainder of the weekend was spent across the lake from me, at a fellow traveller's retreat center that he built, purposefully to share in this way.
I will be getting more photos of his place later.
The 3 days ended up feeling like weeks. It was very uncanny. Absolutely magical, fun and nurturing.

7 comments:

Tamarai said...

That sounds amazing. Perhaps I should try to find a Toltec retreat too! Wow. Wish I could have been there.

thehealingroom said...

Hey Tanya,
Shall I tell you when the next one is scheduled?

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect. What a great idea about the personal labyrinth!!!

Tamarai said...

I'd love to know when one is scheduled, however, I will need to find the money to go first!

Unknown said...

Wish I could have shared that experience too. Your photos are wonderful - I wish I could step into them!

Candy Minx said...

Oh wonderful photos, and it sounds like a fun labyrinth adventure. How wonderful to have so many opportunities to share singing and visits and a retreat! Excellent!

thehealingroom said...

Yeah, now you and Stagg should come for a visit/retreat!
Lots of grass fed beef around here!