Saturday, November 25, 2006

Art, Music and thou

The Artisan Tour is on this weekend. Today I counted the people that came into my gallery..........158.
I thought that was awesome.
The kids have been very supportive. My son and his friends played music for hours on Friday. People were treated to live original music.
Bill, our drumming teacher, shared the space with me. He brought his handmade drums and these incredible wood creations. We call them bowls but they are really art.
Tomorrow is the last day. We plan on gathering our drumming circle together for a drumming performance.
Believe it or not, it snowed today! Alot of people on the westcoast are not comfortable driving in snow. So we may not have alot of visitors tomorrow.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your wonderful day! Lots of excitement. I loved reading your other posts too, catching up from the holiday weekend. I'll look at the high tech stuff at work this week, since I'm on dialup at home. :)

thehealingroom said...

Thanks Ruth,

Yeah, those other links will need some good speed.

They both require sound as well. I have awesome speakers for my computer. I do all my music listening from here.

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like a fabulous event. Great success. I love the winged horse and those wooden bowls/trays/platters/ are so sensuous.

I think of you as the Earth Mother on the west coast. :)

Tamarai said...

I said it to you before, Healing Room. I wish I could be there where you are and join in on these things!!!

thehealingroom said...

Tanya, Heather, Ruth,

You all are welcome anytime.
Its not the first time I have been called an Earth Mother.
Those bowls ARE so sensuous aren't they? I kept encouraging people to run their hands over them.
They are polished with beeswax so they feel divine.

Anonymous said...

158 people is great! Congratulations on a successful show. Loved the horse with the wings! The snow looks cold and wet! Mom

thehealingroom said...

Hey Mom,

Thanks for stopping by. I thought you would appreciate the snow pictures considering you are enjoying the Arizona lifestyle.

You may gloat.

Candy Minx said...

Oh Ellie!!! Hi and good for you to be in Arizona, I love it there! Cool to see you stopping by Healing Rooms blog!

Congratulations Healing Room on the big turnout. The booth and company looks wonderful. Nice to have live music. The kids look great!

thehealingroom said...

Thanks Candy,

I was thrilled until I heard about some of the other shops having made 1000 of dollars. I know that it is not useful for me to compare but it is a destructive habit of mine. Camparison can be such a Spirit Killer.