Thursday, January 18, 2007

Eyes of an Angel

Last year, I read the book "Eyes of an Angel" written by a former mayor of Swift Current, Saskatchewan. Intrigued to know more, I looked him up on the internet, and as Serendipity would have it, he had moved to Vancouver Island, an hour's drive north of me. His name is Paul Elder
and he had gone on to training at the Monroe Institute
to become a teacher using "hemi-sync" methods.
Anyway, here he was, as close as can be, offering workshops in his home. Last weekend, 2 friends and I drove up and spent a great day with him.
It was just an introductory workshop, in Breathwork and Past life regression. I loved the breathwork. It was a great support for the other work that I am doing with the "Presence Process", which involves Conscious Connected Breathing.
We lay down on super comfy mattresses, with pillows and blankets, in complete darkness, surrounded by my dear friends, then he played the hemi-sync music as we did the breathwork. And it WAS work!
But I perservered and I am so glad that I did. Like in other meditations that I have done, or Dreaming work- like the toltecs-
I slipped into, what I call, my divinity. Pure ecstasy. Bliss.
Thankyou for the opportunity Paul!
It is so fun to see other points of view and to try different tools from time to time.

12 comments:

Timmer said...

Sounds compelling! I have done breathwork in Kundalini Yoga before, it was worthwhile. That image is nice.

thehealingroom said...

Hi Tim,
I looked up kundalini and the breathwork looks similiar.
I have done it a few times on my own since the workshop but it sure is nice having the support of a group.
The image I picked up at random on google....it sure is appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came by and composed a huge comment but blogger was down and it got lost...I'll try again.

How terrific that you live in the area where many fellow Canadians retire too, what an advantage and fun that you were able to hook up with this fellow Paul.

I love guided meditation( participated in one organized by Bob W.)

I admire your hard work...because I was sitting in an auditorium during the group guided meditations...I know myself, if I was lying down in the dark "meditating" I'd be asleep in seconds!

I notice you dropped by the photos of the best bar I've ever been too...Andrew was in town, and we hadn't seen each other in 10 years, lost track of each others addresses etc. He actually asked after you the other night and told me to make sure I say hi to you and best wishes.

thehealingroom said...

How nice of Andrew! Tell him to comment on my blog!!!!
Yeah, I appreciate a good guided meditation too. Thats neat that you and Bob connected.
love

Anonymous said...

Wonderful that you were able to connect with him - I imagine you learned a lot from the experience and I'mm glad for you!

Anonymous said...

This is great. There seems to be quite a gathering of soulful minds up there in Vancouver. Are you starting the PP over again? I'm just starting to read about Consequences. It feels good to be drawing the process to a close, and know it has been transforming.

thehealingroom said...

Hi Mom,
yes, I got alot out of it. Let me know if you want to go sometime.

Yes, Ruth,
I am starting the Process over again.
I was timid the first time.
Now I feel enthusiastic.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's interesting. I wonder how you might move through it differently the second time. For myself, I've wondered that. Would I focus more on points I didn't spend as much time on. For instance, in the water weeks, I didn't get through very many answers to the questions ("What color is visual clarity?" etc.). But it was great, and I still think about it. I wish you well!

thehealingroom said...

Hi Joy!
Nice to see you again.
I guess its not everyone's idea of fun, but it is certainly mine!

tweetey30 said...

It sounds like fun. I read your an aquarias too off one of my blog friends blogs. She had it posted for her brother. I think it was
WC. Well stop by anytime and it was nice meeting you. Tweets.

thehealingroom said...

Hi Tweetey,
I will have to come over and visit you and find out the story behind your name.
Thanks for stopping by.

tweetey30 said...

The story behind my name is just an old nick name one of my friends gave me when i was a kid and i just kind of kept it for purposes like this. No one really calls me tweetiebird anymore. I guess being a blonde does to some of us. LOL.... But thanks for stopping by and you are welcome to stop by anytime. I have been making lots of friends on here from my other friends. Esp Tshsmoms blog. Shes very dear to me. I have known her since I was a kid. I am friends with Sme and have been since 3rd grade and they got me into blogging about November of 2006. Well again my little one is hungry. I have a six year old and a two year old. gotta run and feed the younger one. Tweets.