Sunday, January 21, 2007

Topics for this Week

On Tuesday evening, we will be contemplating the quote from "The Voice of Knowledge" by Don Miguel Ruiz:
"Don't believe yourself. Don't believe the storyteller, the voice of knowledge in your head, especially when the voice is going against you. Listen to yourself, listen to your story, but don't believe it because the story you are writing is mostly fiction. It isn't real."

On Thursday afternoon, we will consider the quote from "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz:
"Always do your best. Stay in the present moment. Keep your attention on today, and stay in the present moment. This is the beginning of a new understanding, a new dream."

7 comments:

Tamarai said...

Poignant. I tried my best, through the whole time I was in SA, to be in the NOW, to be present. To see beyond the illusion. Was the only thing that stopped me from going nuts.

thehealingroom said...

Welcome back, Tanya. I notice how life steers me to be more present too. Sometimes seems to pressure me into the next step....and then I am always grateful in hindsight.

Timmer said...

I try not to worry about things, but sometimes I just have to go and paint, then it hardly seems as if I think about anything let alone inner voice(s). In this way I'm rewriting a dialogue.

thehealingroom said...

Yes, I have seen your wonderful paintings, Tim.
What a gift.
I love the feeling of creating, maybe its being very present that our 'voices' stop .....I know I have to be very present and in my body to paint.

Candy Minx said...

Ruiz guidance in your post here, reminded me of Plato. First he says not to believe one's stories because they are not real...then he says we have a new beginning,a new dream.

How mysterious...one we should ignore metaphor or our own stories, yet our dreams is our aim. Ah, wise men, always so tricky ain't they.

But interesting...I guess I take that to mean we may be maing up story about us that isn't based on seeing how our hearts really are...until we clear that then our storie s will always be false?

I like the dreams idea though...have a good afternoon today, look forward to hearing some more associated with this post and guidance.

Anonymous said...

A Noprize is an acknowledgement rather than a physical thing, hence no prize.

thehealingroom said...

Hi Candy,

That is amazing about Plato...did he say the same words?
Don Miguel Ruiz is a medical Doctor, I would imagine that he read some Plato.
I have noticed what I like about his teachings is that they are common sense with very little superstition-type stuff.
Thanks to Joseph Campbell, I have noticed an underlying thread to many religions and philosophies. Sensible perception amongst what is common to us all as Living Beings = Common Sense.