Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hosting Japanese Students

We've been busy hosting Japanese students from the nearby Tamagawa school .

Its been a lovely experience. Lots of gesturing and face making to be able to communicate. The girls have hand held talking dictionaries that they consult from time to time which has made it less frustrating for them, I am sure.

We thought we were going to spend alot of time at the beaches with them but the weather turned a little cooler. So art work indoors became the focus of the day. Later we took turns riding the horses. Lots of giggles when we got them to trot.



The internet has been an excellent tool to communcate with. We used Google Earth to go to their part of the world and "see" where they live(literally!). We also have been using the internet to show each other our favourite Music Artists. They like "Kra" and "Bump of Chicken" I turned them on to Joanna Newsom and Modest Mouse.
So much fun. Oriagato girls!

12 comments:

Candy Minx said...

Great photos and what a great experience for your family. I know a few people, including my sister who has students from around the world taking English lessons in Cananda stay with her family. I've met a few of the students and it's been a riot. they often live with her family for six months at a time. The horses look gorgeous!

thehealingroom said...

Hi Candy!
I would definitely do this long term if it is offered. Its been great for my daughter.

Anonymous said...

Oooo! I love Modest Mouse and the girls look like they had a lot of fun.

Tamarai said...

Hello HealingRoom.

Now then, a BP shop is a little concession store attached to a BP Filling station. I'll be selling petrol, sweets, chox... etc... to the passing hoards. IF I get the job. Which I will if it's in my karma to get it.

Ruth said...

What a cool experience for all of you. International students get so much out of visiting homes and special places of the countries where they study.

Candy Minx said...

Uh oh, I tagged you agian!!! It's a big one too, but I hope you find it fun, might give you somethign to write/blog about.

The weather has broken here finally and now its just been some fantastic summer days spent the day at the beach yesterdsay Yippee!

thehealingroom said...

uhh, gee thanks, I think. (about daunting meme)

When you said the weather finally broke, what did you mean? What kind of weather did you have?

Bridget Jones said...

And yet some symbols (the V) appear universal!!!

Glad everyone had a great time...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, It became late to write a comment. I had very wonderful experience at your home. Recently, I often listen to AFI's CD which I bought in Vancouver. It's my favorite one.

Thank you for everything again !

Lisa Asami from Japan

thehealingroom said...

Lisa!!
So nice to see you here. Thankyou for commenting. We loved having you as our guest. You can come back anytime.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that comment writing a comment slows.
I had not been using the computer.
so,I couldn't use it.

I miss Canada now.
Art work and riding horses were
difficult,but it was very exciting!

Homestay is the best memories and pleasant time for me!
Hereafter, I will come to this Brog.

Thank you.I had the time of my life!

thehealingroom said...

Hi Sayuri!!
I am so glad that you came to visit me.

I loved meeting you and sharing my interests with you.

You can come visit anytime.

Yes, please come to my blog often.

peace to you,
Jennie