Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Welcome to my space!

I converted part of the barn into a studio space for ceramics and clay art and stuff of all kinds.

The clay mixer is quite messy, as it turns out, and I am planning on moving it into its own room.
Thats the grey splattered vat.

Then there are shelves of clay objects and plaster casting molds that take up alot of room. Casting molds as a living lost its charm for me this last year. So I am now downsizing and moving out alot of the molds.
They are heavy and cumbersome and being out in a rural location, I found that it wasn't a big money maker, and since my heart wasn't in it either, it was an easy decision.
My plan is to keep the ones I love and feel I have a vision for.

Glazing is fun. Coming up with inspiration for ideas is fun.
The skull idea came from my oldest son who is enamoured with Day of the Dead inspired art.

Now that it is summer, I divide my time between the studio and entertaining my daughter. We go to the river or lake to swim when we can. We both enjoy bringing back unusual rocks that we find.

I incorporate them into my garden or my art work.







7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your blog! One of my dreams is to have a studio where I can do some craft work and painting. I would also love to have a small gallery to show my own and other people's work. One day maybe... In the process of creating my garden of serenity and hope work can start later in the year. I have so many plans for the summer house we want to build. It's going to be a combination of a therapy room, studio, and garden room for just chilling out. Glad our paths have crossed.

Regards

Dharma in the Garden

thehealingroom said...

Hi Jennifer!

Nice to "meet" you.

OOh, Therapy.......yes, I can see the connection.

What sort do you lean towards?

I view what I do, painting and clay work as "therapy" in many ways.

peace

Ruth said...

We would like to add a potter's wheel to our barn, too. How fortunate you are to have this space. I have a studio, but I used it mostly for writing so far. Would like to paint also. These separate spaces are a privilege and a joy.

Tamarai said...

Oh wow! My partner would LOVE that skull!

Permission to send you an email?

T

Anonymous said...

Oh, I totally love the color you painted your studio. That is going to be the color of my wedding cake. I'll post pictures of the cake as soon as the party is over. Party is Saturday.

Skulls are cool. Day of the Dead art is way cool.

Candy Minx said...

Wow, that is an amazing studio space you have there. Things really look different than last time I was there. Good for you. I love the photos!

Um, I will email you about the links okay...give me a day or email me tonight okay. I'll be back at a computer in the ewarly morning tomorrow. I am at an internet cafe and the swearing boys and hot stale air is doing me in ha ha! I've got to go find a patio. I know you remember how hot it gets here!

thehealingroom said...

Ruth,
Yes, well put, "a privilege and a joy"...I AM grateful.

Tanya,
Please.
Email me. anytime. I think if you go to my profile you can do that.(?)

Heather,
I look forward to seeing this cake!
Sagey-type green and periwinkle blue.

Candy,
No rush.
Don't I know about heat back east! I couldn't believe it actually, that people could live like that. wow.