Thursday, July 27, 2006

I've Been Tagged Today

My good friend Candy tagged me. The game today is to list 5 things in various parts of my life.

Five Things in My Freezer

  1. peas
  2. spinach
  3. pita bread
  4. prawns
  5. oil paint brushes wrapped in plastic

Five Things in My Car


  1. mask and snorkel
  2. towels
  3. lots of CD's
  4. box of tissues
  5. gallons of water, (I was filling up 2 garbage cans in the back to transport over to the horses for their water, when I went into the house and forgot all about it for HOURS.)

Five Things in my Purse

  1. Hairbrush
  2. money
  3. cell phone
  4. bottle of water
  5. coupons for curry

Five Things in my Closet


  1. Apache, my 15 year old dog, I cut a doggy door in my closet's door
  2. box of old letters
  3. extra quilts
  4. horse riding gear
  5. wet suit


There you go!
And I tag Steel String Poetry

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I will try! :) I've got to go peek in my freezer!

Red said...

I've come across another person with oil paint brushes wrapped in plastic in the freezer... I'd never heard of it before, but does this technique work, then?

thehealingroom said...

Heather: I'll be checking in on you.

Red: Yes, this technique works. If I am going to be using the same colour later, I just thaw it out and continue working. It extends the life of the paint without having to flush it out with turpentine every time. Yech.

* (asterisk) said...

And what is it with animals and closets...?

thehealingroom said...

My dog likes it, I think because it is like a den (harkens back to his ancestors who lived in dens)

Ruth said...

I like this peek into your world. Especially the horse and snorkling gear.

thehealingroom said...

It seems like such a lighthearted meme, but it ends up being revealing after all.

Candy Minx said...

Oh good fun! That is so funny you and I both have paint brushes in our freezers. It works with latex paint too. Unbelieveable how much time it saves after a long day of painting and when you have to get back to it later.

I roared at "coupons for curry" theres a story there I guess?

thehealingroom said...

Candy: the brushes in freezer is SO much more SANE.
the curry coupons are an excellent discount with no expiry date for an otherwise very expensive item in the grocery store. They are still in my purse cause I'm waiting til they go on sale.(thats how expensive they are)

Bridget Jones said...

Aha!! The things in your profile were way over my head, but this tag at least clarified the arts aspect of you.

That photography, your writing style...it adds up....

You my dear have quite the gifts....

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »