Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Down by the river..........



This spot on the river is visited by a group of men that have a retreat center within walking distance.

They built this cool fire pit.
I Love the face.

Leah built a fire while I wondered around looking for fire wood.

I ended up finding a bunch of fossils.

I was excited to find one...then another and another. It was a bed of shale that was starting to break apart and there was just a whole mess of them!

Nanaimo is known for its fossils anyway. Now I know why.

The fossils I found were mostly of leaves and ferns.

Another lovely day being blessed in Nature.

peace.

9 comments:

Timmer said...

That relaxing fire and hearth look great. The big face triangle stone is art!

thehealingroom said...

Hi Tim.
It is a great stone. I want to ask if they used charcoal for the drawing.

Tamarai said...

OK - that settles it. I am going to have to save up some money and come and visit you. Your surroundings are MAGNIFICENT!

I also love the face!

thehealingroom said...

Anytime Tanya!
I love visitors.

Anonymous said...

That firepit rocks! :) I love the face. I wonder how they created it? Wouldn't charcoal fade over time?

Candy Minx said...

I love outdoor fires so much. I love cold winter days, remember when we used to pack some soup in thermos and go for walks? I just love being outside when it's freezing...oh what a great fire!

thehealingroom said...

nice to see you here, Tanushree,

Heather, I want to ask them...I kinda think charcaol would smudge..it must be something else

Candy, aBsolutely! I can't eat soup out of a thermos without thinking of those times. We had it right, didn't we?

Anonymous said...

I have a fossil of na fern leaf down in Brian's room from Placerville. They are really neat things to find - so very old' Mom

thehealingroom said...

Hi Mom,

Yes, I remember that one, it is very beautiful.