Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Well, Well, Well..........

On October 17th, my well ran dry. Which is something that can happen when you live in a rural area.
The well is my responsibility, there is no official that I can ring up and say "Hey, I'm out of water, can you come fix it?"
I have to go into the pumphouse, (this is mine in the photo) lift up the trap door and lower a light down into a blasted rock cavern to see whats up. Yesterday it was below the foot valve of the pump system so it was a matter of waiting for Mother Earth to do her thing.
Hours later I checked again, and the water level had risen 2-3 feet. Which is amazing! I primed the pump and got the water flowing again to the house
I am very grateful for Water. It seems like a miracle that we take for granted so often. It is SO vital. City dwellers have no direct connection to this vital resource. I am so thankful that I am capable of being directly connected to my source of water.

3 comments:

Candy Minx said...

Weeellll...

I LOVE this photo! and I am so glad you have water again.

Actually, we are all city dwellers. The only people who aren't city dwellers are the hunter and gatherers, but it's against the law for them to earn their own living. Even people in the countryside have their food from farms. Farmers built all the cities to trade their goods. All the water on the planet comes from the same place and is all connected. In the city where I am, the lake and river are right there beside me. There are just more people on my road than on your road. But it's the same road and the same wter all created by the same people. Farmers.

Now on the few places where there are still wildernesses with people living, very small and few now, because farmers have pushed them further out...even they are affected by what we do with our water because it's all the same water.

For example, if we in the countryside which is attached to the city which is not the same as wilderness...drive a car...our oil and gas usage affects the water of remote air streams. If a tanker that brings us the gas for our cars breaks down, often if breaks down on remote pristine shores of even the wildest remotest places far from us!

Nope, we all have our water all connected...and sheesh that is sucha scary responsibility.

but I am SO GLAD your water is back and up again. I know how it feels one time the water and power sources broke...all along the eastern saeboard in 2003? I think, the major blackout. I know a lot of people who had to figure out how to fix their water sources in cities, even if that meant going to buy water.

We live so fragile huh?

I LOVE the colour of your water building very cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow, scary! I wouldn't have a clue what to do. So glad it came back quickly.

thehealingroom said...

Candy, Yes of course, all water is connected (as is everything, IMO)
I guess what I mean is that I am Literally connected to my water source. I can touch it and I bring it up out of the ground myself. It is an underground spring that was not created by farmers.

Ruth, Yes I am glad to see it come up so quickly. Today there was even more.