Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Well

The blue container is the pressure tank.
The pump is fairly new. Last year, when I had to prime it I turned the nut too hard and ended up cracking the cast iron caseing. So I was extra careful this time.


I lowered a lightbulb down into the well to get this photo.
It looks pretty creepy down there.
The first year I moved on to this property, my dog accidently fell down here.
I didn't know the well then, nor did I have a light.
But since she sounded like she was drowning, I tied a rope around my waist and lowered myself down and was able to get her out. So I have actually been down there. It wasn't so bad.

2 comments:

Candy Minx said...

You are doing a great job...I can NOT believe your dog fell down the well...it makes you wonder doesn't it...and I can't believe you lowered yourself down, you are very brave! It looks completely creepy to me. I get scared with my imagination pretty easily so I am so impressed at you being able to even go near it!

thehealingroom said...

I am super impressed with myself too, thats why I like telling the story!
It IS very dark, deep and creepy, I had no way of knowing that I would make it back out, but I couldn't let my dog drown either. So, I'm not sure it is bravery, but more that I couldn't NOT do it, ya know?