Friday, October 20, 2006

On the Stone Table

Hey Mom, these photos are for you.

My daughter and I have been collecting rocks at the river this summer that have holes in them where we can put a candle. "Coincidently" my Mom bought 3 beautiful drilled stones for candle holders at an Arts and Crafts Fair this summer. She has them displayed on her coffee table. I was not able to photograph them as she lives in another town.

Here are the specimens that we found. (The one with the handle we "found" at a Thrift Store.)
I love rocks. They are so ancient.
I know that they are made of the same vibrating atoms as everything is, but the energy seems to be slowed down and gives me sense of What is Enduring.

7 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

It's so interesting that you have posted about these candles,THR, because they were everywhere in our condo and around town in Ucluelet on Vancouver Island. Some of the stones were very large with drilled holes for voltive candles. They often used them as table lights in restaurants. Very cool!

thehealingroom said...

That is so cool that you have seen them, Ginnie.
I saw the drilled kind for the first time about 6 years ago in Squamish, BC., visiting my brother and his family. Squamish is known for its mountains and rock climbing. Alot of restaurants had them on there tables for tea lights.
Beautiful.

Candy Minx said...

MY sister was in Restoration Hardware once and saw fridge magnets made out of old buttons, so she went to Lee Valley and got the "earth magnets" and used her bitton collection and made gifts. The corporate boutique was charging 20 bucks for four magnets.

I get a real kick out of these shops that salvage and then resell stuff from nature or the incredible price they put on them. We find stones like these in Ontario on the lake shore all the time. I can't believe the land up in stores for sale.

thehealingroom said...

the buttton magnets sound adorable!
What are Earth Magnets?

Anonymous said...

Your Mom says your rocks are great - glad to see them - thanks dear.

thehealingroom said...

Yah Mom!!
You did it!
Congratulations, welcome to the blog.

thehealingroom said...

Wow, great website. Thanks.

I would love to visit there one day.