Monday, October 23, 2006

More River Love


I had a wonderful hike with my dear friend down to the river. I was able to capture the fish on the camera this time. The sun was lower and there was less reflection on the water.

We have been experiencing a very dry fall, and the water level is very low. Which made it very easy for me to see the fish.

The females were busy laying eggs and the males were fertilizing them. I could see it all unfold quite clearly from the shore.

If you click on the photos they will get bigger. The fish are Huge!

What an awesome fall we are having , the sun was so warm I was able to comfortably undress and enjoy the rays.

I tried the water and I was ankle deep when I changed my mind.
Ice cold.


12 comments:

mister anchovy said...

There could be chinook salmon, coho salmon and steelhead in your rivers right now. I can't ID these from the photos for sure - I'm no expert on salmon - but I'm guessing they are chinooks because of the shape they are in. As Woody Guthrie said, the chinooks are like presidents, they run every 4 years....I believe these salmon will spawn then die. They are such fantastic creatures!!

Timmer said...

It looks beautiful over there, and the salmon are indeed huge!

thehealingroom said...

Thanks for the fish info, Mr. A.

Hi Tim, thanks for the visit!

Ginnie Hart said...

Those ARE big fish. Wow. The bears would sure love that spot :) And do I notice some very lovely river stones? We could hardly get our fill of them while on Vancouver Island recently. So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Critter would love to catch those fish (and then place them back in the water). What a wonderful place.

Tamarai said...

You live near some really beautiful landscapes. How amazing!

thehealingroom said...

Ginnie, Heather,
I am absolutely enchanted by this place and am continuely amazed that I am often the only one here.(its 10 minutes from town)

thehealingroom said...

Hi Tanya,
Yes, I think I live in paradise!

Anonymous said...

The water is so clear! Amazing!

BlondeBrony said...

Boy that looks lovely.
I would love to go there.

thehealingroom said...

Wow.
Thank YOU, Joy.
I appreciate you stopping by and sharing that beautiful story.
I can certainly take you on a hike to this spot anytime!

thehealingroom said...

sounds divine.